Dr.Aktive CCT Knee
Product InformationThe Dr.Aktive® cold compression therapy supports are recommended for post-op use to control pain and swelling. Our cold therapy support is the ideal way to 'ice' the joint whether it be post exercise, injury or as part of a rehabilitation programme. Cold compression therapy will help minimise pain, reduce swelling and maximise your rehabilitation potential. Universal size that fits both knees.
Cold Compression Therapy
The combination of the removable cold gel pack and air pump allow the user to apply both compression and cold to their injured joint to optimise their pain reliefand to reduce discomfort and swelling.
Detachable gel lining
The support is supplied with a detachable gel lining that can be placed in the fridge or freezer to cool before use.
Detachable inflation pump and tube
The compression is provided by inflating the air pockets in the support by using a hand-sized inflation pump which has a two-way cut-off valve and a long piece of tubing to enable easy operation. The user can easily control the level of compression.
High quality, breathable neoprene construction
The support is made from breathable, soft, washable neoprene for maximum comfort.
Adjustable hook and loop fastenings
Wide hook and loop straps allow easy fitting and superb adjustability.
One-size, universal fitting
For each joint, the support has one size, and can be used by both sexes. They fit both right and left joints.
Safe and hygienic
The support is supplied with a sealable plastic bag that is ideal for re-use when putting the gel pack in the freezer or fridge. This is very important in hospital or clinic settings where the gel packs can be sealed in a named bag and stored safely without risk of cross-contamination.
Ice-free and clean
By using a re-usable gel pack for the cryotherapy, you do not need to worry about having an ice source. This is particularly useful in hospitals and clinics where ice production and management can pose a health and safety risk.
This patented design offers the most affordable option on the market to combine both cryotherapy and compression.
The support can be hand-washed.
The Dr.Aktive CCT can be used to treat post-operative pain and swelling, muscle fatigue, sports injuries, strains and sprains.
1) Refrigerate or freeze the gel pack for at least 2 hours prior to use
2) Put the gel pack back in the support
3) Place the support on the injured joint, securing it using the straps. (It should have a lyer of cloth between the cold pack and the skin eg tubigrip, t-shirt, trouser)
4) Screw the pump tube onto the On/Off switch and turn the switch to 'On'
5) Use the pump to inflate to a comfortable compression
6) You can leave the tube in place or remove it as required. (Turn the switch to "Off' if you wish to remove the tube and retain the compression).
7) For best results, keep compression on for 10 minutes and then off for 10 minutes to let the skin rest. Then repeat 2-3 times maximum.
- Only for external use only.
- The gel pack cannot be heated or used as a hot pack.
- Do not use it directly on open wounds
- Do not fall asleep with it in place as the cold pack can damage skin
- Do not wear directly against the skin. It is recommended that you use a stockinette or other layer of material between the cold pack and the skin.
Materials: Main support - black neoprene with hook and loop straps
Gel pack: non-edible gel pack can be stored in freezer or fridge
Packaging: Retail box with internal plastic bag for use with the gel pack when it is being stored in the fridge or freezer
Packed dimensions: width 17cm (6.75") x height 35.5cm (14") x depth 11cm (4.25")
Warranty: 1 Year